Integrating machine vision with proven 3D industrial laser projection, LASERVISION brings large-field automatic inspection to the factory floor.
WHAT IS LASERVISION?
LASERVISION provides real-time, in-process automatic inspection and real-time feedback to the shop floor. From a stationary mount, it captures detailed images of superior quality anywhere on large, complex 3D surfaces within its giant field of view (at least 10 ft by 10 ft). AI-enabled image analysis verifies and documents nearly any visible attribute, or flags it for corrective action. LASERVISION’s laser projector works like an automated version of a presenter’s pointer, directing operators to the location of any anomaly.
BOOSTING QUALITY AND SPEED, LASERVISION:
- Minimizes idle time—automatically performs an inspection when the electronic work instructions call for it
- Eliminates inspector wait time—conducts inspections in seconds with no operator or inspector intervention
- Optimizes inspection quality—uses 3D machine vision, eliminating human distraction, fatigue and expectation bias
- Performs while production continues—stationary mount above work cell does not interfere with production equipment
- Markedly reduces rework and scrap—verifies attributes in real time and flags FOD, misaligned features (reinforcing fiber, adhesive beads), out-of-spec edge locations, excessive shear and other flaws for immediate correction
- Automatically populates electronic documentation and generates the as-built Digital Twin, including
- Calibrated images of every WIP surface
- Any nonconformances
- Any corrective actions
- Feeds Deep Learning and closed-loop manufacturing improvements
- Quantifies uncertainty
- Enables tighter allowables and less overdesign
- Supports your team with industry-leading expertise
- AI-enabled application development
- Ongoing support for the life of your LASERVISION system from our team of experts — many with decades of industry know-how.
Reimagined from the ground up for Industry 4.0 connectivity, our ALIGN 4.0 software maximizes the productivity and throughput of your LASERVISION system.
Fully supports our SDK software development kit:
- Integration with Automated Fiber Placement (AFP), Automated Tape Laying (ATL) and other advanced fabrication systems
- Automatic maintenance of common coordinate system
- Complete SDK: API, DLL, manual, sample code
- Instant display of any tow, course, boundary, lap or gap